Center for Ethical Formation and Legal Education Reform
The Center for Ethical Formation & Legal Education Reform coordinates the programs and resources Regent University School of Law has committed to developing professional identity in our students. This commitment accentuates the expertise of Regent University School of Law in providing practical training that develops in students the ethical judgment important to the practice of law.
Since its inception in the spring of 2013, the Mentor Program has promoted our students' individual character formation and professional identity development through lasting relationships with lawyers and judges from within and beyond the Hampton Roads community. We invite prospective students, current students, mentors, prospective mentors, and those interested in learning more about the program to discover how our program has personally and professionally shaped our students' lives positively to impact the legal community.
The Center’s faculty publish and present on the topic of professional identity formation nationwide. The Center fosters scholarly inquiry into the pedagogy of moral formation. The Center produces resources to help students nurture their professional growth and resources that help law professors teach within both the cognitive and effective paradigms. The Center also provides continuing legal education (CLE) courses on ethical formation and the legal profession.
Upcoming National Events
- 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, February 25, 2016 – 2nd Annual Corporate Counsel Institute
- 11:59 pm, February 25, 2016 – February 26, 2016 – IAALS’ Fourth Civil Justice Reform Summit
- 11:59 pm, March 2, 2016 – March 4, 2016 – Hinshaw 15th Annual Legal Malpractice & Risk Management Conference
- 11:59 pm, March 22, 2016 – March 24, 2016 – Carnegie Foundation Summit on Improvement in Education
- N/A, April 12, 2016 – April 14, 2016 – Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers International Meeting
- 11:59 pm, June 1, 2016 – June 3, 2016 – ABA National Conference on Professional Responsibility
- 1:00 pm – 3:45 pm, June 10, 2016 – June 11, 2016 – Method in the Madness: The Art and Science of Teaching Transactional Law and Skills
- N/A, July 14, 2016 – July 16, 2016 – International Legal Ethics Conference VII
- N/A, August 4, 2016 – August 6, 2016 – Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers Annual Meeting