- “How to Ethically Practice Employment Law without Losing Your Shirt,” Christian Legal Society’s National Conference, Destin, Florida, November 2003.
- Campaign Ethics, Leadership Institute, Arlington, VA, August 17, 2005.
- “Renewing Our Commitment to Student Learning: Research Based Approaches to Impacting Learner Outcomes Through the Use of a Learning Style Construct,” roundtable discussion at the Annual Meeting of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges New Orleans, LA (December 10, 2007).
- Law Student Learning Styles (panel presentation at the Summer 2007 Institute for Law School Teaching, Boston Mass.) (June 9, 2007).
- “Clash of the Titans: Sex, Religion and Morality in America’s Schools” (panel presentation at the Association of American Law Schools Annual Conference, Washington, D.C.) (Jan. 6, 2006).
Dean Jeffery Brauch
- “The Calling of a Christian Lawyer,” Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, Oklahoma, September 2012.
- “The Bible, Emotional Intelligence, and the Successful Professional, 2012 North American Division Teachers’ Convention, Nashville, Tennessee, August 2012.
L.O. Natt Gantt, II
- The Pedagogy of Problem Solving: Applying Cognitive Science to Teaching Legal Problem Solving, Changes in Legal Education and Legal Ethics Symposium, Creighton Law School, Omaha, Nebraska, March 2012.
- Teaching Professional Identity Issues in Litigation, Continuing Legal Education Seminar, James Kent Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Norfolk, Virginia, February 2012.
- Analyzing Biblical Principles in the ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct, Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Regent University School of Law 25th Anniversary Celebration, Virginia Beach, Virginia, September 2011.
- Faith Based Law Schools: What Is Their Mission and How Should Prelaw Advisors Counsel Students?, Northeast Association of Pre-law Advisors and Southern Association of Pre-law Advisors Joint Conference, Duke University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina, June 2010.
- A Faculty Perspective on Law School: Thoughts on Calling, Law School Applications, and Law School Life, presentations at Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, California, and Westmont College, Santa Barbara, California, October 2009.
- The Legal and Ethical Implications of Counseling Clients on Nonlegal Considerations and the New Virginia Principles of Professionalism, CLE Presentation for the Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Association, Norfolk, Virginia, October 8, 2009.
- Developing Students’ Understanding of Calling, Religiously Affiliated Law Schools Spring 2008 Conference, Boston College Law School, Newton, Massachusetts, April 2008.
- Teaching Integrity Through Legal Ethics, Kiwanis Meeting, Hartsville, South Carolina, July 2008. Godly Decision Making in the Workplace, Devotional Talk at Prayer Breakfast, Law School Admission
- Council Annual Meeting and Educational Conference, Marco Island, Florida, May 2008.
- Law School Teaching Methods That Even Socrates Would Admire: How Law Schools Can Move Toward Meeting Best Practices in Legal Education, Moderator, Southeastern Association of Law Schools Annual Meeting, Palm Beach, Florida, July 2008.
- Responding to the Varied Learning Styles of Law Students, Panel Moderator, Southeastern Association of Laws Schools Annual Meeting, Amelia Island, Florida, July/August 2007.
- Lawyers as Leaders: Integrated Living and Christian Lawyering, Handong International Law School, Pohang, Korea, March 2007.
- Micah 6:8 and the Christian Lawyer: Integrity and Balance in Professional Living, panel presentation on November 3, 2006 at the Christian Scholars’ Symposium held at the Christian Legal Society National Conference, San Antonio, Texas.
- Personal Corruption: How Worldly Values Can Corrupt the Practice of Christian Lawyers, presentation on October 21, 2006 at the Latin American Conference of Christian Lawyers, Boca Chica, Dominican Republic.
- Faith-Based Law Schools: What is Their Mission and How Should We as Pre-Law Advisors Counsel Our Students, panel presentation on October 6, 2006 at the Southeast Association of Pre-Law Advisors Annual Conference, St. Thomas University School of Law, Miami, Florida.
- Faith-Based Law Schools: What is Their Mission and How Should We as Pre-Law Advisors Counsel Our Students, panel presentation on June 8, 2006 at the Northeast Association of Pre-Law Advisors Annual Conference, George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia.
- Integrated Lawyering: Resolving Ethical Dilemmas as a Christian Lawyer, presentation on January 19-21, 2006 to the Christian Legal Society of the Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
- The Vocation of a Lawyer: Ethical and Moral Dimensions to the Task of Christian Lawyering, presentation on November 8, 2005 at the First National Congress of the Association of Christian Lawyers in Brazil, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- A Christian Approach to Legal Ethics and Legal Education, presentations at Pepperdine University, Malibu, California, and Biola University, La Mirada, California, November 2004.
- Discovering Biblical Principles in the Model Rules of Professional Conduct, ethics CLE program given on August 6, 2004 at 2004 Institute for Christian Legal Studies, Regent University School of Law, Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- Integrity in the Legal Profession, presentation on panel titled “Integrity in the Marketplace” given on May 30, 2004 at The Vine National Gathering, Vail, Colorado.
- Ethical Issues for Lawyers in the Electronic Age, ethics CLE program given on October 30 and 31, 2003 at 2003 Christian Legal Society National Conference, Destin, Florida.
- E-advertising and E-marketing: Ethical Issues in Emerging Markets, part of 2003 Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Association Ethics Extravaganza CLE program entitled “E-Ethics: Professional Ethics in the Electronic Age,” held on September 24, 2003 in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- The Ethical Crisis Among Lawyers (co-led with Charles Oates), lunch roundtable held on August 13, 2003 at 2003 Institute for Christian Legal Studies, Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- Emerging Issues in Legal Ethics: From Ethics 2000 to Enron, ethics CLE program given on October 31 and November 2, 2002 at 2002 Christian Legal Society National Conference, Savannah Georgia.
- Ethics and the Lawyers of John Grisham (co-taught with Michael Schutt), 2001 Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Association Ethics Extravaganza CLE program held on June 21, 2001, Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- “Mentoring Students,” Christian Prelaw Advisors Conference, Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA (March 2007).
- “Training Christian Lawyers to be Counselors,” Christian Pre-Law Advisors Conference, Virginia Beach,VA (February 2004).
- “Integrating Christian Principles in Law School Curricula – Regent University As A Model,” Religiously Affiliated Law Schools Conference, Pepperdine University School of Law, Feb. 2002, Malibu, CA.
Lynne Marie Kohm
- Choosing a Client is like Choosing a bottle of wine: How to Choose Wisely and Ethically, Virginia Bar Association CLE presentation, July 18, 2008 (Homestead, VA).
Benjamin Madison, III
- Teaching Methods to Help Students Develop a Professional Identity,” Discussion Group of Twelve Leadings Scholars on Teaching and Cultivating Professional/Ethical Formation that I Organized, Gathered Papers and Prepared and Introduction, and Led the Discussion, Southeastern Association of Law Schools Annual Conference (Amelia Island, FL; August 2014)
- “Procedural Hurdles to a Person’s Day in Court,” Discussion Group by Civil Procedure Section of Southeastern Association of Law Schools Annual Conference (Amelia Island, FL; August 2014)
- “Designing an Effective First-Year Course,” New Law Teachers’ Panel at Southeastern Association of Law Schools Annual Conference (Amelia Island, FL; August 2014)
- “Talking with an Expert in Your Field” (Served as Civil Procedure “Expert”), part of New Law Teachers’ Workshop at Southeastern Association of Law Schools Annual Conference (Amelia Island, FL; August 2014)
- “Teaching Students to Identify Moral Values Necessary to Resolve Ethical and Professional Issues,” Southeastern Association of Law Schools Conference (Palm Beach, FL; July 2010)
- “Incorporating Carnegie Institute’s Recommendation on Teaching Methods to Assist Students, in Doctrinal Courses, To Develop a Professional Identity,” American Association of Law Schools Workshop on Civil Procedure (New York, NY; 2010)
- “Responding to the Call for Teacher Training: Ideas for Building Teaching Skills,” Southeastern Association of Law Schools Conference (Palm Beach, FL; August 2009)
- “Staying in Touch with One’s Moral Compass: Recommendations of the Best Practices in Legal Education Report and the Carnegie Foundation’s Educating Lawyers on Integrating the Teaching on Professionalism Across the Law School Curriculum,” Conference of Authors in Carolina Academic Press’ Context and Practice Casebook Series (Topeka, KS; May 2009)
- “How Lawyers Can and Should Exceed the Minimum Ethical Requirements of State Bar Associations in the Practice of Law, Program of James Kent Inn of Court (Norfolk, VA; 2008)
- “Seeking More Effective Law School Instruction,” American Association of Law Schools Conference (Palm Beach, FL; 2008)
- “Challenging Law Students to Identify Their Values and How They Will Have These Tested in Practice–An Example of Integrating Professional Identity and Value Formation in a Doctrinal Course,” Southeastern Association of Law Schools, Aug. 25, 2011, Hilton Head, SC
- “Integrating Teaching of Professional and Moral Identity throughout Law School,” presentation for annual Southeastern Association of Law Schools Conference, August 3, 2010, Palm Beach, FL.
- “Integrating Teaching of Professional and Moral Identity throughout Law School,” presentation for American Association of Law Schools Mid-Year Meeting Workshop, June 11, 2010, NY, NY.
- Ten of the Most Common Ethics Traps for Lawyers, Jan. 16, 2008, at meeting of the James Kent Inn of Court, Norfolk, VA.
- How New Law Faculty Can Serve as a Catalyst for Change, Jan. 4, 2008, at Conference of the American Association of Law Schools, New York, NY.
- Responding to the Diverse Learning Styles of Law Students, August 2, 2007, at Conference of the Southeastern Association of Law Schools, Amelia Island, FL.
Michael P. Schutt
- Integration of Faith and Practice, Christian Legal Society Northwest Retreat, Plain, Washington, February 2013.